Uff, how much time without going through here, right? I hope you have missed me ... hehehe Of course this time without appearing here has an explanation: January exams and almost total absence of field trips with outstanding results.
Why show up today? Because the exams ended last week and he has come into my hands a work of art. (I think it will be yet another analysis made it, but it touches)
When in 2001 appeared market a bird guide who claimed to be the most complete in Spain and Europe, I imagine, would be people who would look with some skepticism. It was soon to prove to everyone that he really was and that few general guidelines (if not any) could you compare. I'm talking of course of the Collins (also known as "Svensson", "the Mullarney" or "Robin").
I think I am right in saying that the whole world seemed the best guide to birds in Europe and that could hardly be surpassed. Well, it has been. What seemed impossible has occurred. The second edition of the Collins again becoming an indispensable book.
a second edition is not any, which are fixed two or three errors have been committed in the former and added four drawings and two maps of distribution. No. The new edition brings many new things, new sheets, new species, new maps ...
let's look at some of these developments in photos, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words and not feel like typing.
As I said earlier in this guide have been new species. Well are those who have left the rank of subspecies to become separate species or those that were not yet represented in the previous edition. It is for example the case of southern shrike (Lanius Meridionali s, Iberian gray shrike) or yellow-legged gulls (Larus michaellis , Yellow-legged gull), Armen ( L. armenicus , Armenian gull) and caspica (L. cachinnans , Caspian gull).
As I have seen on other sites photos of the film I put the gulls of our shrike is pretty good (in the pictures, right always 2nd Edition).
Plus it has allowed them to add some subspecies shrike blade, especially those aimed to be new species: link
Another innovation that brings the guide is that the maps have been updated. They have also included maps of the Atlantic islands, which always seemed a failure of the previous edition, and I think very well have solved.
In this picture we see one of the maps and other islands of the films that have changed, that of the common fly (Phylloscopus collybita , Chiffchaff). Also separated from the fly appears as Iberian ( P. ibericus , Iberian Chiffchaff).
new panels have also been found in some species. This is the case of the Siberian Crane (Grus leucogeranus , Siberian crane) or, for example, the Balearic shearwater (Puffinus yelkouan , yelkouan shearwater), a species that had more desire to I had an independent film (before he appeared with our Balearic).
Other films have been completely redrawn. I found especially good of the eagle owl (Bubo bubo , Eagle owl). In general the new owls plates are spectacular.
Finally some species have been introduced and the exhaust section of the species treated normally (and vice versa). A good example is this film:
is a good measure for the further development mainly to get these birds (which are not always present in Europe through leaks) at both the drawings as tab, while clearly introduced species such as parrots are less important ne phone.
Thus, as has been understood from the beginning, I think it's worth the new guide, even with the first edition. Especially when you consider the price for leaving if we look good (in my case 20 € with shipping included). So, if you are not at odds with the English I think it is a book that you will not regret. If English is not you, touch you expect more and also come out more expensive, lol
0 comments:
Post a Comment