On Friday, Toni, Sam and I (group ringing Llebeig ) accompany Pedro, Miguel, Victor, and Saul ( group GOTUR ) on its day of banding shorebirds in the Natural Park of Albufera within the program Calidris .
The night was not the most intense in terms of number of copies of this summer. In fact, it started with a bad pint, without wading into the area and everything pointed to that we were left blank. Fortunately things changed and we were picking up some birds.
Although it was not a large number (20 copies) to me I really enjoyed the day and I was eager to repeat, it was the first time I had waders on my hands. Mainly caught Plover (Charadrius dubius , Little ringed plover) and large ( Charadrius hiaticula , Ringed plover) and a few guys sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos , Common sandpiper). The ones I liked were the two species of which took a single specimen, a dunlin ( Dunlin, Dunlin) and one often ( Calidris minuta Little stint). In addition to a whippoorwill brown banded waders (Caprimulgus rufficollis , Red-necked nightjar)
The night served to learn more about these great travelers (more surprising when you see the real size with these birds) and view them from a different perspective. I look forward to see them again soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment